The project involved rehabilitation of the two international airports in Puerto Princesa and Cotabato and the domestic airports in Butuan, Dipolog, Pagadian and Sanga-Sanga.
The two international airports were designed to service large widebody aircrafts.
The Asian Development Bank and European Investment Bank loan-funded project had two main objectives:
- To upgrade the airside infrastructure such as runways and navigational aids in order to comply with international ICAO safety and security standards.
- To upgrade an extend terminal and support facilities to increase service levels and to handle forecast traffic in 2010.
The services included the following project phases for all six airports
- Review and adjustment of original scope of works
- Preparation of master plans for short term and long term development
- Preliminary design of the initial development stage
- Detailed design
- Assistance to the customer during construction tender and tender evaluation