COWI co-operates with customers to develop optimal solutions based on our extensive worldwide experience of road projects, gained over a period of more than 40 yearsExperience
COWI's experience of road design, construction and maintenance ranges from labour-based rural feeder roads in developing countries to complex multi-lane motorways with grade-separated interchanges, tunnels, bridges and advanced traffic information technology.
Our specialist design teams provide technically sound, economi-cally feasible solutions using state-of-the-art computer-aided design tools. Staff skills are kept up to date with appropriate in-house and external training.
In relation to road engineering, COWI offers assistance throughout the project cycle in:
- Project and quality management
- project preparation and planning, including feasibility and road safety studies
- strategic and environmental impact assessments
- site investigations, including topographical, hydrological and geotechnical
- preliminary and detailed design and cost estimation
- tender document preparation and tender evaluation
- project implementation including construction supervision and management
- operation and maintenance,
technical, financial and road safety audits
- associated buildings (for maintenance and toll operations, etc), and
institution building and on-the-job training.
StaffingFrom a total staff of 2500, professionally qualified staff with working experience in road projects available within COWI A/S number more than 600. These are supplemented by further staff from COWI Group subsidiaries worldwide. Disciplines include:
Materials engineers/laboratory specialists
Transport economists/Traffic engineers
Environmentalists and sociologist
Contract specialists and surveyors
Road safety specialists
Traffic information technology specialists