Principal Engineer, Tunnels (24741)
Application deadline: 01/08/2019 -
India - Location: Gurgaon - Bridge, Tunnel and Marine
We are looking for technically driven, result oriented Principal Engineer to be an integrated part of COWI's International Tunnelling & Underground structures community.
Since 1938 our world-class tunnels and underground structural engineers have pushed the boundaries and designed some major structures worldwide. Today, we are more than 400 dedicated and highly skilled bridge and tunnels engineers around the globe and we look forward to welcome even more. With solid experience and focus on technical excellence, we are driven by innovation and by our ambition to work closely with our clients to deliver excellent solutions for complex multidisciplinary projects.
We want to be the best place to work. We promote a collaborative mind-set, work internationally and engage with our colleagues, clients and stakeholders. COWI is an equal opportunity employer.
Today COWI experiences an increased demand for its services and delivers substantial results. This strengthened position in the market brings a continuous flow of new extensive and challenging projects. Consequently, we are currently looking for a Principal Engineer to join our established tunnelling and underground structures team.
COWI IN INDIA
COWI is involved in the engineering and design of tunnels, bridges, marine structures, buildings and other areas ranging from preliminary studies to design and rehabilitation. COWI combines global presence with local knowledge to solve prestigious infrastructure projects. COWI India has more than 200 dedicated Engineering staff working within India and are currently involved in a variety of multidisciplinary projects around the Globe. As a Principal Engineer in design, you will be an integrated part of COWI's international tunnel community.
SOME OF OUR CURRENT & FORTHCOMING PROJECTS IN TUNNELS & UNDERGROUND STRUCTURE WITH COWI INDIA
- King Abdul Aziz Road Project (KAAR) in Saudi Arabia: Detailed design, final design and constrcution design
- High Speed Rail (HS2) Project in UK: Detailed design services
- DTSS Sewer Project in Singapore: Detailed design services
- Stormwater project in Dubai: Detailed design services
- Fehman Tunnel: Immersed Tunnel between Denmark and Germany
This is a wonderful opportunity for you to develop your career and work with some of the leading and inspirational tunnelling design engineers from around the globe and to work for one of the sectors foremost tunnelling and civil engineering companies, based from our head office in Gurgaon, India.
You will possess a wide range of technical design experience within tunnelling and underground infrastructure (metro station, C&C tunnels) and be capable of producing conceptual and detail designs, preparing / checking calculations for a variety of tunnelling / civil engineering structures.
Reporting to the Head of Section – Tunnels Structures, you will be accountable for producing designs and calculations for a variety of tunnel and underground structures projects.
REQUIREMENTS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- You will hold a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- You will have 12+ years of design experience across a range of tunnel and underground engineering structures on multidisciplinary projects, with experience of designing complicated concrete structures
- You will have proven soil / structure interaction skills and possess direct experience within a design and build environment
- You will have experience of working on Eurocodes/AASHTO codes
- You will have experience of leading teams and managing projects in an international setting
- You will have FEM design experience (ROBOT or similar software)
- You will be self-motivated with good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- You will possess strong analytical ability and a solid understanding of engineering fundamentals and current design standards
- You will be able to communicate / liaise effectively and professionally with the design team and clients
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO
• Performing analysis and design calculations adhering to codes and standards, preparation of design reports as per Project requirements in compliance with Company standard
• Completing assigned tasks on agreed time, quality and budget
• Maintaining accurate and detailed records of work activities executed
• Responsible for checking the project work and ensuring compliance with standards set in the project and adhere to Company's Quality Procedures
• Leading design teams
• Liaison with COWI engineers in other countries
• Monitoring and recording design progress and change issues
• Mentoring and supporting the development of graduates and technicians
COWI AS A WORKPLACE
At COWI, we offer exciting careers and emphasise personal development, accountability and independence in everything we do.
We maintain a great social environment and provide many opportunities to influence your own development through targeted training, coaching and knowledge sharing.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and application until 01st August 2019. Please note we will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.