Are you interested in joining one of the leading consulting companies, creating value for customers, people and societies world-wide? If your answer is yes, COWI is here with an opportunity for you
COWI operates around the globe, creating new and effective connections across regions, countries and continents. We are 7,300 people around the globe, of which approximately 1,300 are employed within the BTM business line (430 in Scandinavia, 330 in North America, 300 in the UK, 170 in the Gulf and the remainder based within India and SE Asia).
Thanks to COWI's strong legacy of developing innovative solutions and its excellent employees, it is acknowledged as a global leader within its core fields of operation. Services include all kinds of bridges, from the biggest in the world to small pedestrian bridges; tunnels (metro, road, rail and water tunnels); and marine structures (off shore wind farms, ports and terminals). The BTM business operates out of offices in North America, the UK, Scandinavia, the Middle East and Asia.
At COWI North America, you can look forward to a challenging role that will push you outside of your comfort zone and elevate your career to new heights. Our staff come from a multitude of backgrounds; their bridge, marine and tunneling expertise spans the globe.
BE PART OF AN INTERNATIONAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
Under the guidance of senior professional engineers, you will be assisting a highly professional engineering dive team that provides consulting services to clients around the world. The principal function of this position is to be part of a team that evaluates marine structures through above and underwater engineering inspections.
The Engineer Diver will assist team members in the planning, execution, and deliverable phases of a project, as required.
MAINTAINING THE OVERVIEW
- Conduct site investigations as part of an inspection team;
- Work collaboratively with all members of the engineering dive group;
- Analyze deteriorated components, assess remaining capacities;
- Help solve engineering problems and challenges;
- Partner with other professionals and departments to gather information for projects;
- Help prepare plans, designs, calculations and cost estimates under the supervision of experienced engineers;
- Help prepare standard documents, such as technical specifications;
- Help prepare engineering reports and other technical documents; and
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- BS degree or higher in Civil Engineering, Structural degree preferred;
- EIT registration or ability to obtain within 6 months;
- 0-5 years previous related experience; and
- Familiarity with sound engineering and safe diving principles.
- ADCI or equivalent Dive Certification;
- Ability and willingness to learn;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the proficient use of Office tools (Word, Excel, and Power Point);
- Good planning, organizational and time management skills; and
- Ability and willingness to travel as required
COWI AS A WORKPLACE
COWI is proud to reward top talent; the benefits of working for COWI include extensive opportunities for growth and development, health benefits, 401k with up to 5% match, competitive compensation and various other perks.
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training
Applying could not be easier, please click the link and follow the simple steps to upload your CV and covering letter to commence what could be the next and most fulfilling chapter in your career to date.