Do you want to work with M&A and corporate law in a corporate setting with high professional standards and a great working environment?
The COWI Group is pursuing an ambitious growth strategy in which M&A play a vital role.
To support this, we are looking for an experienced legal counsel with a solid experience in M&A and corporate law.
The position offers the opportunity to obtain international experience by working on M&A and corporate law projects in many different countries and to be an integrated part of the whole M&A process following projects from the very initial identification stage all the way to the completion of integration process and post-acquisition follow up.
You will report to the Senior Legal Counsel responsible for M&A and corporate law, and together with him form a small team within Group Legal.This team will work very closely with the M&A department on M&A projects and also be responsible for the execution of larger corporate law projects. Group Legal has 21 employees based in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, UK and Canada.
A VERSATILE EVERYDAY
Your primary responsibilities will be within M&A and corporate law and will include:
- Provide advice on transaction structures
- Manage legal due diligence (with support from the team in Group Legal supporting the relevant business line and external lawyers)
- Draft and negotiate transaction documents
- Provide input for internal decision documents
- Legal integration and post-acquisition follow up
- Provide advice on corporate structures
- Various corporate law matters and execution/project management on larger corporate law projects
- Managing external M&A lawyers.
The position is based in COWI's head quarter in Lyngby. You will be working in an international business environment and must therefore expect approximately 15-25 travel days a year.
YOUR PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS CREATE VALUE
You have a law degree with an excellent academic record and at least four years of legal experience from a reputable law firm or as in-house counsel, including:
- Solid 'hands-on' experience with M&A and all aspects of the M&A process
- Solid experience in corporate law
- Excellent English and Scandinavian language skills – both written and spoken
- Basic understanding of financial accounts and valuation methods
- International experience is an advantage (but not a requirement).
Furthermore, it is important that you have great interpersonal and cooperation skills. In addition, you can relate to the following statements:
- You enjoy being part of a closely-knit team focusing on the results we create together
- You can develop and maintain professional relationships
- You have a strong analytical mindset and a focus on providing solutions to identified issues
- Attention to detail is part of your DNA, but you do not miss the big picture
- You have a genuine interest in understanding our business model and the commercial environment you work in
- You can communicate complex legal issues to internal and external stakeholders.
COWI AS A WORKPLACE
At COWI, we offer exciting careers and emphasise personal development, accountability and independence in everything we do.
We maintain a great social environment and provide many opportunities to influence your own development through targeted training, coaching and knowledge sharing.
COWI is a leading consulting group that creates value for customers, people and society across the globe. Based on our world-class competencies within engineering, economics and environmental science, we tackle challenges from many vantage points to create coherent solutions for our customers.
With offices in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, UK, North America, India, the Gulf region, Asia and Africa we combine global presence with local knowledge to take on projects anywhere in the world. At any given time, we are involved in more than 12,000 projects. COWI has more than 80 years of experience in the business and is a leader within its field because our more than 6,600 employees are leaders within theirs.
If you would like further information on the position, please contact:
Troels Kjær Stidsen
Senior Legal Counsel
M&A and Corporate Law
Mobile: +41 21 15 26 52
We look forward to receiving your CV and application in English as soon as possible and before 1 September 2019. Please note that we conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.