Senior Geotechnical Engineer
North Vancouver BC, Edmonton AB, Toronto ON, Halifax NS
Do you want to join one of the leading engineering consulting companies, creating value for customers, people, and societies worldwide? Can you actively demonstrate leadership through daily activities and interactions with other offices and COWI North America staff? Then this could be the next step in your career!
JOIN COWI INTERNATIONAL TEAM IN NORTH AMERICA
With over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a leading international consulting group providing clients with innovative and sustainable solutions to complex challenges within transportation, energy, environment, water, industry, buildings, and planning. Together with our over 7,000 dedicated professionals, COWI pushes the boundaries of engineering design around the globe.
As a member of the North America team, you will work across the transportation and energy sectors and beyond, supporting projects within railways, highways, metros, marine, wind, and more.
Our portfolio includes some of the world's most prestigious and challenging bridge, tunnel and marine projects, as well as program management and construction management. We have hundreds of skilled experts working on projects in North America and worldwide, covering the entire lifecycle of a project from idea, concept, and design to operation and maintenance.
EXTEND YOUR POTENTIAL IN A GLOBAL TEAM OF EXPERTS
In this position, you will join our global team of experts and will be a part of a highly professional team that provides consulting and detailed geotechnical engineering expertise on a wide variety of infrastructure projects.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) both externally and internally across COWI North America’s geotechnical discipline group in the area of geotechnical and foundation engineering
- Deliver geotechnical expertise to projects across COWI North America, developing innovative solutions to the complex tunnel, foundation and geotechnical design and construction challenges
- Be a leader in developing and mentoring geotechnical staff
- Be a leader in the broader COWI NA geotechnical discipline group to help define best practices (i.e. professional standards, delivery models, tools, knowledge sharing, etc.)
- Actively collaborate with the COWI NA geotechnical discipline group and Project Managers to capture and deliver geotechnical work and grow the company’s geotechnical workload and technical portfolio
- Assist Line Managers and Hiring Managers with recruiting and hiring geotechnical engineers as company needs require
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
Your skills are the key to our success. Working across borders and disciplines, we share knowledge and build strong relationships with colleagues and customers. You'll pursue new insights and constantly explore new ways to improve while caring for and respecting our clients, your colleagues, and the planet we live on.
Critical Success Factors:
- Bachelor's degree in geotechnical engineering, geological engineering, geo-environmental engineering or other related fields from a recognized university and 10+ years of related experience
- Advanced computer analyses, including PLAXIS, FLAC and foundation support to structural engineering is an important requirement
- Experience with deep foundation design and analysis of seismic conditions
- Proficient geotechnical design of a variety of projects including bridges, tunnels and marine projects
- Management of geotechnical design tasks including site characterization, foundation design, ground improvement, dewatering, and support of excavation
- Help set and achieve obtainable goals technical and business goals for COWI NA geotechnical discipline group
PERKS & REWARDS
At COWI we believe in rewarding top talent with a great total compensation package. Besides a competitive base, we provide exceptional total rewards offering including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Top-up parental and childbirth recovery leave
- Fantastic close-knit team with a wealth of knowledge to share
- Floating holiday to celebrate employee diversity
- Annual Fitness spending account. Yes, you can use this for a ski pass, yoga, or gym membership
- Group RRSP program with company matching
- Minimum 3 weeks' vacation
- Personal and professional development fund
- Parking or public transit allowance depending on location
- A hybrid work model allowing for a combination of in office and work from home
- Extended Health coverage with 100% of premiums paid by us
- STD, LTD, AD&D, and Life Insurance
- Paid sick leave
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the APPLY button and tell us why you are the right person for this role. We look forward to receiving your application. The application deadline is stated at the top of the page.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
COWI is a leader within our field because our employees are leaders within theirs. We invite you to learn from the best and expand your potential in an outstanding environment, where we collaborate on shaping tomorrow's societies. Alongside your manager, you outline the path for your development and build your expertise on a day-to-day basis, working on global and local assignments. For more information, please visit www.cowi.com/about.