Are you looking for a job as a senior specialist and construction management on major road and infrastructure projects? And are you motivated by working in an international environment which respects as well as promotes diversity? Here is your chance to convert aspirations into actions!
JOIN OUR ROADS, AIRPORTS & DIGITALIZATION SECTION IN LYNGBY
You will be part of the Roads, Airports and Digitalization department with its 140 employees in COWI's offices in Denmark and Lithuania. The position will be located in Lyngby in Denmark (approximately 10 km north of Copenhagen). You will join a global team with experts and specialists in, among other things, geometric design of roads, pavements, airports, etc. You will play a central role in a number of major projects in the Copenhagen area.
REALISE YOUR POTENTIAL IN A GLOBAL TEAM OF EXPERTS
You will be part of our global team and collaborate with talented colleagues everywhere in COWI: both in Denmark, and abroad. You will work as a senior specialist and your responsibilities will include construction management and professional supervision, QA of colleagues' work, knowledge exchange with colleagues, as well as ongoing communication and coordination with the project team, other disciplines and the customer.
You will work with skilled colleagues just like yourself. We work interdisciplinary in the projects, often within the engineering disciplines, where we draw on the specialist knowledge that is available both in our own section and in the rest of COWI.
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER, WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
You should hold an academic bachelor's or master's degree and have at least 10 years civil engineering construction experience preferably within the fields of roads and pavements, and other infrastructure elements.
Furthermore, you recognize your profile in the following statements:
- You possess an in-depth knowledge of Danish tender frameworks for construction works, eg. AB18 and AB92.
- You can manage cooperation across disciplines and geography
- You can communicate with the contractor in all matters related to the quality and quantities of the executed work
- You can plan, manage and monitor review of all contractors' submittals
- You can ensure that all required testing and external approvals are executed / obtained by the contractor
- You will participate in (and write minutes from) technical meetings with the contractor
- You will ensure that the contractor is working according to the approved construction program and ensure that the contractor takes adequate action towards possible shortcomings in his planning
- You will evaluate and assess the contractors' proposals for execution of the work
Additionally, you can relate to the following competencies:
- You have excellent communication skills in Danish (oral and written)
- You are structured and results oriented and have a strong focus on quality and efficiency
- You are a team player, and you enjoy collaborating and creating results with others
- You are eager to be a part of a professionally team that focuses on development
- You have a strong and independent personality
In this position, you will have the opportunity for further development: both as a specialist and as a discipline or project manager.
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Please call Head of Section (Airports and Pavements section)), Gregers Hildebrand on tel. +45 5640 8324 or e-mail: email@example.com.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the link below and tell us why you are the right person for this role. We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible since the recruitment process is ongoing. The application deadline is stated at the top of the page.
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.