Denmark - Location: Lyngby - Buildings & Industry
Do you want to embark on an exciting journey at COWI, where you'll have the opportunity to apply all your specialist knowledge to develop some of Europe's largest refrigeration systems? Are you outgoing by nature and enjoy being part of complex projects with many stakeholders. Then, this could be the next adventure in your career
If you are a mechanical engineer specializing in refrigeration technology, read on!
We are seeking skilled mechanical/refrigeration engineers with industrial or data center experience for our Industry and Data Center section. Currently, we have a team of 65 people and expect significant growth.
Our department is fully integrated into COWI's Building & Industry division with more than 690 colleagues, and we expect to grow to 100+ by the end of 2023. We have all the relevant competencies in-house, jointly executing large industrial projects.
In the Industry and Data Center section, we work with customers in Denmark and internationally. As an example, we are helping large industrial customers, including those in the pharmaceutical sector, to develop solutions that optimize and efficiently supply and process their factories, regardless of where they are built. In the industry and data center areas, we solve refrigeration engineering tasks for some of the largest companies in the world.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Develop complete refrigeration and cooling supply solutions for industrial plants and/or data centers worth hundreds of millions for equipment alone.
- Assemble components in new and efficient ways that optimize the processes according to customers’ needs, objectives and future demands and green directives.
- Be part of a highly professional and international environment and will work closely with some of the most skilled refrigeration engineers in the industry.
- Contribute massively to the green transition, for example when you help large companies replace fossil processes with electrically powered ones or implement heat pump solutions in new factories turning waste heat in to steam or reused heating.
- Focus on implementing the greenest solutions that are also robust and long-lasting.
Your skills. Our team. Together we design the future.
The first step to success in this role is that you are eager to collaborate with the people around you, whether they are colleagues, partners or customers. Developing ties with others is something you do by acting respectfully and delivering on your promises. And you never get set in your ways, but keep exploring new insights and ways to improve.
On top of that, you will:
- Have specialized skills in industry or data center cooling technology.
- Have experience with refrigeration thermodynamics and specific cooling technology for large industrial plants, including heat pumps, cooling supply systems, pump and pipe systems, control, and regulation.
- Be able to visualize your solution models for the customer as well as able to immerse yourself in all the theory and in-depth calculations that the projects require.
- Have experience using the latest digital cooling design tools and are used to working with 3D modeling in Revit.
- Be passionate about your area of specialization and constantly focused on improving your skills so that you are always at the cutting edge of knowledge and can apply your expertise to projects. Settle in Denmark so that you can become a fully integrated part of the professional environment that we highly value.
A place to work and so much more
At COWI, we work together with our customers to shape a sustainable and liveable world. We do it by applying our knowledge and curiosity – and sometimes even our courage – to create the solutions the world needs today to enable a better tomorrow. That is why we say no to fossil-based projects and aspire to have 100 per cent of our revenue come from activities that move our customers towards sustainability.
We value differences and development and cultivate an environment of belonging and having fun. Because that is what brings out the best in you, at work and at home.
With offices primarily located in Scandinavia, the UK, North America and India, we are currently 7,300 people who bring their expertise in engineering, architecture, energy and environment into play.
Why I joined COWI
"I chose COWI first and foremost because of the impressive professional weight, including the fact that the entire range of cooling-related competencies and advice for power supply, piping, controls, ventilation, acoustics, fire advice, and engine room design is gathered in one group, which can deliver complete solutions. This provides an extremely strong professional environment where we draw on each other to arrive at the very best solutions while always having an up-to-date business understanding of the market."
Peter Viking, Business Development Manager, Industry and Data Centre.
What we also offer
To us, a fair reward is more than a competitive salary. We want to take care of our people professionally and personally as well.
Some of our benefits include:
- An internal mobility programme dedicated to supporting you in exploring new opportunities in COWI.
- Strong technical networks and knowledge-sharing communities (areas of expertise)
- COWI Academy, our learning platform packed with quality courses in different disciplines.
- Social communities and activities to ensure that we have fun along the way
Got more questions?
If you have any unanswered questions about the role or what we have to offer, please reach out to Senior Talent Acquisition Partner Kim Ole Jørgensen at KMJN@COWI.COM.
Get to know us even better at our website, www.cowi.com , where you can learn more about our projects, our strategy, what we want to achieve, and what life is like at COWI.
Diversity is fundamental to COWI, inclusion is key.
We are committed to creating a respectful and fair work environment where all employees have a sense of belonging and equitable opportunities to thrive and grow. We ensure that our leaders are role models for inclusive leadership by cultivating a culture where diverse perspectives and thoughts are seen as strengths. And we take diversity and inclusion into account in all relevant decisions and processes and when setting teams and fora. We do it because it is part of our values and because it is simply the right thing to do.
#YourNextProject #AcceptTheChallenge #LargeBuildings