COWI's approach to corporate social responsibility (CSR) and sustainability is embedded in our vision, mission, and strategy. What we do and who we are as a company are naturally linked, and this link extends to COWI's supply chain.
COWI’s chief potential for making a sustainable impact on the world lies within our service delivery and the solutions that we develop with and for our customers, together with our collaboration partners and our suppliers. Throughout our 90-year history, we have worked with our customers, collaboration partners and suppliers to deliver solutions with long-term societal, environmental, and human interests in mind because sustainability is part of our identity and incorporated into our business model. By combining in-depth knowledge with innovation, a holistic outlook, and an understanding of the bigger perspective, we help our customers achieve the best solutions to the benefit of today’s and tomorrow’s society. Our collaboration partners and suppliers are an important part of our deliverables, and COWI therefore requires all collaboration partners and suppliers to adhere to the same sustainable values as COWI.
COWI adheres to the ten principles in the UN Global Compact ("the Principles") and requires COWI's collaboration partners and suppliers to do as well.
The Principles are as follows:
- Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
- Businesses should make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
- Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
- Businesses should uphold the effective abolition of child labour
- Businesses should uphold the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour
- Businesses should uphold the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Businesses should undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Businesses should encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
- Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
For more information about how COWI works with these values, please see COWI's Global Compact Reports.